8/04/2009

Guest Post - Ligriv's Pipe - Birthday Gift


My husband has gotten REALLY into carving and widdling wood. For three days straight that's all he did.



Now, this isn't the first pipe he's carved. The first one I won't post here because, of course, it's his work of art to post somewhere, not mine. But this one's special.



This pipe he made as a gift for my birthday! It's not too small, not too big. It's really only 3 inches in length. I love it.




All I asked was that it not be too big or too small and that somewhere on it it should have a mushroom. He designed the mushroom under the bowl of the pipe.






He really made it happen. I love this pipe and I'm so impressed by how well he can work wood.




This pipe was carved out of Guava tree wood we had outside of my parent's house.




Currently he's working on making more pipes. Some for fun, some custom designs for costumers.




I'm sure he'll have photos of the rest of the pipes he has carved on his page once he has a few he'd like to show case.

2 comments:

  1. i love it.

    im especially jealous because ive always been obsessed with mushrooms as well.

    it comes from being obsessed with alice in wonderland, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember in High School, in wood shop, I had to carve an Indian head since it was our school mascot... o.O

    That pipe is waaaaaaaay better than my Indian Head.

    ReplyDelete