7/08/2009

Walking on Dreams


While I was still in California living on Belden street I really missed the island. I'm originally from Puerto Rico. The island is beautiful. A mixture urban ghetto with rain forest. The beach sand is a light tan and the waters are a crystal clear blue. Truly beautiful.

I was very nostalgic all four years of my stay in California. I missed my family and the beaches, just the wonderful meditative feeling of sitting on the sand, listening to the waves crash, the breeze caressing your face.

Then I came to the island and realized that, although it was still full of natural beauty the people sucked. The beaches had become dirty, the people were all devolving into primitive creatures of violence and anger. Complete disregard for the terrible things they are doing to such a beautiful island.

I feel the island crying. I feel sadness whenever I go to a beach or any natural area. How my people have gone about living their lives here is disgusting. I know it's the same everywhere you go, but Puertorricans are such a proud people. Always bragging about how they're awesome and their island is the best.

And yet, look at the state it's in. Look at what they're doing to it. Sucking the life out of it. They've even closed down most agriculture here to concentrate on turism.

I feel a great sadness for my island and its people, I can no longer live here and be proud. I cannot smile at the beauty anymore. I just wish people would open their eyes and see. They're killing Puerto Rico slowly. Under the towers of concrete and seas of trash....

No comments:

Post a Comment