7/27/2009

Website Sketches for Portfolio and Writing



So I was writing on my personal blog, and after getting so much off my chest my muse came back. I wanted to do a lot of art, but after writing I remembered how much I loved doing it. And lately I've been writing a lot of snippets for stories and characters here and there. And I still want to practice making comics. So I figured instead of working on something I SHOULD finish soon, I decided to start on something I was supposed to do a long time ago for myself.

A portfolio website where I could keep my professional art, resume, and possibly some of my written work.

It was ingenious! Art and progress all at the same time! So I made some sketches.

The above one was the first sketch, but in the end I thought it looked too much like a website I had designed for a friend:



So, after that I went with the sketch below. The BKG is going to be hand drawn on a patch with modeling paste applied onto it. I'm excited about the outcome of this website. It's about time I worked on it.

I work on my websites in a mixture of hand drawn art, photoshop, XHTML, and Flash.




The names within what will be an 'iFrame' are the list of names I might chose from for the site. I've yet to decide if I want to make a Splash page for it.

'Accidental Voodoo' is one of them only if my friend, Marisa, would like to join the site. Her art blog is 'Accidental Artistry.'

Aren't my website sketches so childish looking? Haha, they're barely doodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment